Featured Story: Election

Monday, January 08, 2007

Next stop: Buenos Aires


Tonight my stomach is full with home-cooked steak, wine, and chocolates. Tomorrow I leave Bariloche, which has supplied me with this excellent food. (Chocolate and ice cream are the delicacies this town has a reputation for.) One of the things I've really liked about walking around here is seeing the window displays at the chocolate stores. Or more precisely, the people standing looking at them. There's one store with a chocolate fountain in the big glass display, and I love seeing full grown adults stop and stare at it, like kids seeing the newest toy on the other side of the glass just before Christmas. You don't see that innocent wonder on display by adults much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree -- and if it was me, it would be more of a drool than an innocent wonder!

(now who could "me" be...)