Featured Story: Election

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dreams

I've heard it said that when you start dreaming in another language, you know you're starting to get a good grip on it. A couple weeks ago I had a dream where I was in a store and the lady behind the counter was speaking Spanish to me. Great stuff, except I couldn't understand a single thing she said. I wonder if that counts?

In totally unrelated news, I got another roll of film developed. Pictures are online here. Try to ignore the washed out look of many of them - I really need to get better quality scans at some point. Had I had them ready earlier, this photo would have gone under the title of my "Summer in Patagonia" post.

From Chile / Patag...

3 comments:

colinjwarren said...

Yes, it counts as a Spanish language dream, as you knew she was speaking Spanish. I know many English speakers I don't understand. It's good to hear from you again, and glad that you are filling up on good meat, wine and chocolate. We'll go to an English Wine Shop here when you come and finally find out what they sell. I'm in DC these days, at the Lees just now. Marlene and Joseph were in Torres del Paine some years ago. The photo of the glacier is spectacular and conveys something of the impact of your first sighting it. Ool, D

Jess said...

Hi Nigel,
If you are wondering why you have so few comments, it's because we've discovered that Anne has a blog which you conveniently forgot to tell us about. Now we can find out the truth in all your tall tales.
-J.

Nigel said...

Her blog is all lies! Lies, I tell you.