Featured Story: Election

Friday, December 01, 2006

Still for a Few Days

It's been a bit over a month since Anne and I were last staying in a home. Here in Santiago, Carlos kindly put us in touch with friends and family who are housing us. Little things I am now appreciating:

  • Showering barefoot. Not being afraid to touch the surrounding surfaces that 10 other people already left hair on that day.
  • Kitchens. None of the hostels in Ecuador or Peru were equipped with them. First meal cooked: spaghetti the way I like it, i.e. covered with half a block of grated cheese. Eating cereal is a rediscovered pleasure too. Though I may have overdone it when I consumed close to half a kilo in less than 24 hours.
  • Music. In my normal life I get a hit of new music every day or two. The last two months' withdrawal has seen me build a list over 60 entries long of albums to check out when I end my travels. So the surprise presence of a Mac in our current place, in other words, a lifeline to put new music on my iPod, has seen me return to my addiction as if I was just out of rehab. There's so much to listen to it's hard to know where to begin.
  • Flushing toilet paper down the toilet instead of putting it in the trash can. No further explanation needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not getting many comments these days, but I know for sure that I am not the only one who really enjoys reading your blog. Well Done. Keep it up :).

Lol, M

Anonymous said...

P.S> And THANK YOU!yncid

Anonymous said...

whoops, typed in the password characters (after "THANK YOU" in the last comment) in the wrong place... So you can stop trying to decipher the code 'cos it doesn't stand for anything!

But at least I'm beefing up your number of comments :)