Featured Story: Election

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Out of Contact

Summer has ended temporarily as I'm now far south in windy Patagonia. Boarded a plane at midnight last night, and 3 hours later I was on the runway in Punta Arenas. I managed to drift off during the flight, but sleep was cut short by extremely intense turbulent patches, complete with a woman who screamed with every jolt and drop (which meant there was a lot of screaming).

Anne and I will be hiking around Patagonia for the next 20 days without internet access, starting with the 8 day "Paine Circuit". No, I'm not joking about the name. Yes, this is my idea of a vacation.

Hope everyone has nice end-of-the-year holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buen viaje y buena oportunidad!

Permanecer la caja fuerte y tener un rato del "pukka". Buenas fiestas (de tu elegir!) y un Año Nuevo sano a ti ambos!

Courtesy of Google's translation which read (as did Babelfish) the word "safe" as a strong box and casued D to lol ;-)! Real message should read: "Stay safe and have a "pukka" time. Happy Holidays (of your choosing!) and a Healthy New!
Year to you both"

Lol (of the other kind)
M