Featured Story: Election

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Now I Can Ride a Bike

From Cusco

Other countries require months of classes, practice and a license. Peru requires $25 and a face. That's how I learnt to ride a motorbike. I spent 4 hours terrorising the roads and dirt tracks around Cusco today. Beautiful scenery and great fun. And now, if I ever find myself on the set of an action movie, I can jump on a bike and make a high-speed getaway with screeching tires. I'm adding "motorbiking" to my list of half-skills, which also currently includes horseback riding and singing.


Oh, and when I'm wearing it, the colour of the helmet is officially known as "danger yellow".

3 comments:

colinjwarren said...

Now you can follow Che Guevara's steps, biking the Andes. Or instead come here and be a terror on the Mehrauli-Gurgaon road. The scenery looks wonderful, and the air so clear. A bit different from Delhi yesterday. I did the (push)bike race on what must have been the most polluted day here since last winter, with nary a sign of sunlight. I'm still clearing out my nostrils.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nige,

Annita here again. This is really just a test to see if i can leave comments. Your Mum say i need to view it first. Here it goes!

Hugggs Annita

Anonymous said...

Pretty Cool, Nigel!
For some strange reason I found that my comments don't go through unless I previewed them first which is why I thought Annita's wouldn't. However, it did this time for her, so I'll try sending this without previewing it!

Lol,
M