Featured Story: Election

Monday, November 20, 2006

Earthquake

I was sitting at a cafe this morning, waiting for my breakfast of scrambled eggs to arrive, when I heard screams, the ground started wobbling, and plaster dust started falling from the walls. Earthquakes are a startling experience. I heard later this one was a 5.something on the Richter scale.

(I know, 4 posts in a day is a bit of an overload. Unfortunately that's the price you pay for subscribing to what is not only my communication with the world while travelling, but my diary too.)

Update: A news piece on the Spanish web informed me it was a 5.8, with the epicentre being a bit south of Arequipa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't believe in leading the quiet life, do you!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from the older lady you rang yesterday and chatted with, And I don't mean your sister!

Anonymous said...

Quite an experience isn't it? I remember the one we had in '89 and will never forget it! I travelled with a suitcase in the car for months, as I never
knew which side of the bridge I might land.It might be a good habit to revive....
Glad you are OK and still having a good time . I am enjoying your blog and check it daily to get my "hit". The photos are great and I do like the ones taken on a film. I still find it amazing that you can send your blog AND the photos just like that---zoom!
J