Featured Story: Election

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Into Peru

From Peru

Last Friday I finished my 4 weeks of language school. I am supposedly at an intermediate Spanish level now, but locals would probably argue with that. Have successfully crossed the border into Peru and spent a couple days at the beach in Mancora. Tried surfing for the first time, but didn't get too far. Though I did manage to hit my funny bone hard enough that it bruised. Such is the price of this tough life.

In an hour will be catching a bus to Lima, and then on to either Cusco or Arequipa, depending which route works out best. It's a long way. 16 hours for the first bus. 18 or 22 hours for the next one, depending where we go. I'm not looking forward to it, but it's a lot cheaper than a flight.

3 minutes left on this computer, so I have to head out. Next entry will either be from Colca Canyon or Machu Picchu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that you are destined to a life of books and computers, given your mishaps when you venture into the world of physical challenges! I think that you need to go into training for these adventures prior to tackling them......though there is something to say for going for the gusto!
glad you did not do anything more than hit your unfunny "bone". (known as the ulnar nerve)
I am really enjoying your blog and hearing about your encounters. look forward to your return to the west coast. Am still negotiating the return of the comforter! It's getting closer! Sultan says hi!
Jill