Featured Story: Election

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Guitars

From Cuenca

Last Friday our Spanish teacher, Fausto, took us to see Luis Uyapuari, an excellent guitar maker. Fausto knows Luis through working with his brother at a language school. Very nice person, and makes beautiful guitars totally by hand. I wish I had taken some closeups of the guitars, but unfortunately all I have is this picture.

From Cuenca

If you click on it, then click the magnifying glass, you can make out some of the design work. If I was a guitarist with money to spend, I'd have ordered one right there. The guitar in the picture cost a chunk of money, but it was cheap compared to the equivalent work bought in Europe or the US. If anyone has a passion for custom-made guitars, I can put you in touch.

No comments: